❖ John J. Burns Jr.
John Burns Jr. descends from a lineage of Burns’s that have been practicing real estate in the city dating back to the late 1800’s. Born in 1952, he grew up on the West Side of Binghamton with 12 brothers and sisters, an even larger extended family, and a father that held the title: Mayor of Binghamton.
John has spent most of his life in his hometown, but lived for several years in Albany, NY, where he ran a popular restaurant called Downtown Johnny’s. After many years in the restaurant business, he cashed in his shares, and migrated with his family to warmer weather in Jupiter, Florida, where he ran a successful real estate practice.
John eventually moved back home to the West Side of Binghamton, where he excelled in real estate and raised all of his 3 children whom attended the Binghamton School District. Years later, you’ll find John hanging out with his grand kids Johnny (6 yrs old) & Lincoln Burns (2 yrs old) at the Ice Cream shop on Riverside Drive.
John is one of the highest producing real estate agents in the Southern Tier, a well known personality on local television, and we heard he is pretty good at Salsa too. If you’re interested in buying or selling a home, or just wanted to chat about the area, feel free to give John a call at anytime at (607) 725-2122.
- Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker, (2010 – Present) – #1 award winning agent in the Greater Binghamton marketplace, at the largest market share firm, Realty USA since 2010.
- Century 21 John Burns Realty Licensed Real Estate Broker, (2000 – 2010) –Broker owner major market share firm overseeing 96 agents at Century 21 John Burns sold his location to Realty USA in 2010.
- Creator of The John Burns Real Estate Show – Now in it’s 13th year, the John Burns Real Estate Show continues to be the highest-rated, locally-produced, non-news program in the Southern Tier. It was the first local real estate show in the area, and he was the first realtor locally to utilize the concept of video tours to market real estate. It inspired the competition to follow lead, and has become the standard for marketing real estate in Binghamton, NY. Every major local real estate firm now has a television show utilizing the concept.
- Top Agent at Remax Renaissance Realty, (1994 – 2000)
Voted “The Best Agent” by the Press & Sun Bulletin for 7 years.
1997, 1998 & 1999 #1 Agent for Southern Tier region for previous franchise Remax.
The #1 award winning agent in the Greater Binghamton marketplace, at the largest market share firm, Realty USA since 2010.
Elected to Board of Binghamton City School District, 1997 to 2003.
Broome County Dept Mental Health Advisory Board 1996 to 2003.
- Member, Greater Binghamton Association of Realtors
- Member, New York State Association of Realtors
- Member, National Association of Realtors
- Member, NYSCAR, New York State Commercial Association of Realtors
- Member, Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- NYS Real Estate license since 1984 Chairman
- NYS Real Estate license since 1984